Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 08:15:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 693
  • Total Topics: 250
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 334
  • (July 01, 2012, 10:57:46 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Welcome

Welcome to the Real Health Forums. Share your stories and thoughts on the many health challenges facing us today. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Real Health Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: People with diabetes can't eat anything sweet.  (Read 17811 times)

Offline davidwebb

People with diabetes can't eat anything sweet.
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:39:24 am »
I came across this article it is really interesting but then it puts me in all doubts

(Article) Relax -- despite what you may have heard, a piece of cake or a couple of cookies won't cause a health crisis. In fact, sweets can be eaten in moderation by people with type 2 diabetes, if eaten as part of a healthy meal plan and combined with exercise, according to the American Diabetes Association.

Still, while avoiding sweet treats isn't mandatory, limiting them is. Sweets often contain not only empty calories but a lot of sugar, a carbohydrate that raises glucose levels considerably. For better glucose control, diabetics should have dessert only after a low-carb meal. It's important to eat that chicken breast, broccoli, and salad before dishing into some ice cream.(article)

there is more in the article(12 Common Diabetes Myths Debunked) that make me wonder.
http://www.caring.com/diabetes
i want to know can i take this in consideration

Any advice
thanks you

Offline ashishtis

Re: People with diabetes can't eat anything sweet.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:05 am »
Thanks for sharing this information...

Offline roses

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:24:38 am »
They are ALL Myths.

It is true, you can eat sweets, however, by limiting your sweet tooth, you can make it easier to manage your BG levels with diabetes, Type 1 or Type 2.
Eating sweets just makes it more difficult to manage your BG level.

Offline ashishtis

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 12:36:27 am »
ya right...just read the Article he said so only...he also suggest that Limited only and have to maintain BG level.

----------------------------------------------------

Offline vernuskloyz

People with diabetes cant eat anything sweet
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:32:11 pm »
Hi  pamaladitty

Us type two diabetics can eat cake and sweets etc. It all depends on how much medication you want to take, and how long you want to keep your eyesight and feet.

Look at it this way, we can eat a few sweets or a piece of cake and consume more carbs. than in a three course low carb. meal. The ADA and our Diabetes UK advice to diabetics is flawed in my opinion , they are doing far more harm than good with their dietary advice. Sweets and high carb. food is the last thing we should be eating.

Respect, Mitch

Offline Vega

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 01:48:06 pm »
I always thought that diabetics could eat sweets. It's just that they had to monitor their sweet or sugar intake carefully. Can't diabetics feel when they need to lay off the sweets or stop eating them? I would think someone living with diabetes understands their body a lot better than people without diabetes understand their body.

Offline steverd

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 03:04:04 am »
Actually that depends on level of sugar in individual. Some may take some may not.

Offline hairqueen

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:51:29 am »
Diabetics can eat sweets? Wowzers.. the only time I see my diabetic uncle having sweets is when his sugar is down. IDK about that  :-\
Hair is life. Hair is health. Hair is me!

© 2019 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.